Tuesday, March 13, 2018

case for navigation tablet

Last weekend I glued the back to the case and tonight I cut a hole in the side of the case so I could slight the tablet in, I only have to drill two holes in the front for some buttons and some holes on the bottom to let the water out. When that is done I can give it some color.

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Glued the solar panels in place

Friday I did some lashing blocks and to splice some lines on it takes some time, in the afternoon I did go to Stainless to let them fabricate some stuff for the trailer and the mast raising installation. After that we did go to our rigger Tuned to talk about some details and when the must could be placed. We set the datum for the launch on the weekend of one April. Then there is one week left before the mast will be stepped. Saturday I glued the solar panels in place and did some other small jobs because we did not have the hole day. Sunday we painted the anti-slip around the solar panels to match the edges. I replaced a temporary raising line for the motor for a dyneema one and placed it more to the side to hold it more stable during raising.

Sunday, March 4, 2018

laminating a carbon plate

Yesterday I only made a mold for a holder for my navigation tablet and cut some cloth to laminated I did find it to cold to do much more. Today we laminated a carbon plate what will be used to cut out two pieces for the jib to support the corner for the self tacking jib. We laminated also the holder for the tablet. When that was finished we went to the shed to cut the dynema wires to length were the trampoline was fixed with, we used a hot knife from my sail maker for that.

Friday, March 2, 2018

Fitting constrictors on the beams

Yesterday and today I picked-up some hardware to mount the constrictors on the beams. Today also the wind-sensor did come back from a firmware update to get it working with the Honeywell sensor. The dagger board up and down lines are now installed and I installed the line for the motor rudder link. I made some trial line to see how long I have to make the loops for the low friction rings to guide the lines for the genaker boom.

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Trial fitting the foils

Today Rob did come to help me with trial fitting the foils and discussing how to put some constrictors. Yesterday I put some cleats on the boat and some other small stuff, not interesting enough to make pictures. To fit the foils we had to partially fold the floats. This is because there was no hole in the trampoline to put the foil thru. When the foil was in we could see were we had to cut the hole in the trampoline to get the foils out. This all is pessary because when the hole foils it retracted till it reach the trampoline it is still a bit in the case. After that we looked how going to place the constrictors for the canting mast and the rotating genaker boom. For the mast is coming on top of the beam and for the boom under the beam opposite of the other constrictor. On the end of the beam we install some deflector eyes to lead the line to the winches. We only drilled the holes because I had not bolts, eyes and constrictors enough. On the end of the day we made some wooden battens to support the floats on the trailer.

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Finished the front nets

I only worked in the afternoon and finished the front nets. I started with drilling holes for the cleats for the dagger board (not finished yet) and as last thing I finished the motor rudder connection, I did not had the right size line so I could not get it through the cleat. So I tight it of on the tube to look if it was working ok and it did it perfectly.

Friday, February 16, 2018

doing the front nets

I started with some small things like the rudder motor connection (no photo's taken yet), some connectors for the solar panels near the battery and the last cotter pins for the folding system. When all that was done I looked at the front nets. I first was thinking they were in the way for clewing the solar panels later but that was no problem. So I started with the starboard side. After the lunch I finished that side and started with the port side, tomorrow I finish that side.