We have now a new supply of carbon and foam, so today we did do the front beam bulkhead, they were waiting on the biaxial carbon. Now it is waiting on the form frames when they get ready but there are plenty of other things what we can do, so we don't have to sit still ;-)
Saturday, January 25, 2014
We have a new shed to make the main hull. The nice thing about it it is 3 minutes away from our home. Yesterday I disassembled the strongback and moved it with all the wood stringers to the new location. Today I assembled the strongback and made it longer. First we cleaned the floor and put some hardboard panels on the floor to keep it clean and to clue the strongback on. Friday we also did get some carbon, epoxy and foam panels, today we put the foam panels on the top floor so they are out of the way and they can be cut there to. I also made some extra TL lichts.
Sunday, January 19, 2014
It took me the hole friday to make the molds for the reinforcement, saturday we made the first step with some UD, today I filled the hole with some HD putty and carbon offcuts. Fetske came with a clever idea to cut the carbon in small pieces to take the herbs scissors. Saturday we also went for a look at a shed.
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Sunday we made some more panels and I fit the block in the daggerboard case. This week I get a new supply op biaxial carbon so we can make the bulkheads for the front beams. Last week I went to a friend to make the form frames. They are put in the computer to be cut with a waterjet. So when we can rent a space we are quick in setting up the frames. At this moment we make as much stuff as we can to cut the time in the rented space.
Saturday, January 11, 2014
Sunday, January 5, 2014
I started this weekend with laminating the main bulkheads. Yesterday we did two entrance panels, today we did two after beam bulkheads and a head bulkhead. They all are cut in a rough form so I have some cm to spare before I cut them out exact.