Sunday, July 27, 2014

bottom done with putty

I did the rest of the bottom with putty after I scraped the other halve so I could fill it for a second time. After a small tea break I did other half a second time. It went very well and I could fill the seams totally flat because the first layer was already hardening but still sticky. This method saves me time and work, I only have to scrape it once before we can laminate. The forward HD piece in the bottom is not done yet because I do this again from the outside with smaller strips side by side so the rounding is easier to make.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

bottom update

Today I laid the side foam and Fetske made some grooves in the foam so that I could fill them with putty.

Friday, July 25, 2014

more bottom and HD foam

This weekend is not the best weather for sailing so I am building again. I almost finished the bottom with foam with this time the HD pieces in place. I only have to do some foam piece in the front. Tomorrow I do some side foam, the battens are already in place.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

main hull bottom foam forming

I did form the foam of the main hull again with hot water like I did earlier with the floats. My dad did come to help again an that speeds up the forming. On the end of the day all the panels were placed. I have to cut the edges strait so I can place the horizontal panels like the other half. I did make a timelapse video of it, every 5 minutes a picture.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

frames and the bottom battens done of the next main half

I started on my one with setting up the frames. The first frame was six, I could fix this on the beam above so the rest could be fixed stable with a top batten. They will be very stable that way and perfect vertical.
during the morning my dad phone me if he could help. An hour later we were on top speed and before the lunch all the frames were up and fixed. After the lunch we screwed all the battens in place. I can now place some foam tomorrow, this time I shall not forget the HD foam strip on the bottom.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

the main half to the ceiling

I organised some workforce (my friend Reijer, Fetske and my dad) to get the half to the ceiling, with a extra hand from the passing neighbour (not on the pictures). I think it took us a small hour to get it to the ceiling and level. Before the lifting we weighted the half and it was 148 kg, this is including the temporary wood work. Tomorrow I can set the frames up again.

back weight
front weight

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Unpacked the middle section and opened some space

Today we unpacked the last section, so it can now go up, we have to open some floor space to raise the half. We are very satisfied with the result. Before I did disable the floor I cut all the foam panels for the other bottom half.
In the meantime Fetske did the daggerboard of Thrill Seeker with antifouling, so he can go in the water tomorrow.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Laminated the side

Today we laminated the side in a three hour session, we getting handyer by the time. Before this I did a filler on the daggerboard of Thrill Seeker. Tomorrow I can put some Interprotect and antifouling on the daggerboard so it can be installed after that, so that we can sail again.

workforce dismissed

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Deck laminated

We did the deck in a four hour session and the vacuum was very good. We place the window panel in the window recess to get sharp edges in the recess. Tomorrow unpacking.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Ready for deck laminate

Last week we sailed in Zeeland so we did nothing on Thriller. Thrill Seeker did get a attack from a shallow water shark, these creature swim in water less than 1,6m. After that the boat did not sail so well especially with some more wind it looks if there is a bag on the dagger board. At home I did prep the board to get some foam and carbon. At the same day I worked on thriller to prepare for a deck laminate. Tomorrow we do the laminate.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

unpacked the bottom

Before we went to go sailing we unpacked the bottom but I forgot the camera so I did take some shots with my phone. It did take awhile to post because I had no Internet in the harbors.
The peel ply is still on, an on the place where I removed it a bit, it was very smooth.