Sunday, February 24, 2013

We have a lift off

The float half came nice and easy out of the frame but it was a bit off a challenge to get it on the ceiling because of the tight space and the next one must be next to it. After that I started with to alter the frame because I build the 2,5 m wide trailer option. In the mean time my friend Rob came along to look how the progress was going. He did build is boat Waarschip 1010 in 1985. I sail most of my races with him.
After that I started cutting most of the foam for the next half this time I use 100 kg/m3 foam. This is the out side so it will be better resistant to dents.

nice bow (this is the underside)

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Friday, February 22, 2013

fitting the foil case and the rest of the bulkheads

Thursday I did fit the shroud bulkhead and today I fitted the after beam bulkhead and the gussets of the for beam bulkhead. The foil case is glued in place so I can laminate it in place tomorrow.
There are no other photos because the camera gave up.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Arno's bakkery

When the hull was cooking I updated the foam cooker. I made it smaller and better isolation. On the end of the day I laminated the forward bulkhead in place.

air temperature inside 

nice result

The result is nice, no bubbles.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

a long day

Today was a long day, I started at 10.00 and finished at 20.00 and have a tired bag now.
I first started with the paint scraper to to clean the bog topside and after that we cut some more carbon, peel ply and breeder folly. I then put the tacky tape on the foam so that the edge stays clean, I did heat the tacky tape with the paint stripper, tape does clue than better.
The vacuum was more than I did need, It did pull 0,9 bar and put it back to 0,7 bar.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Preparation for laminating

Yesterday and today I did some putty filling. I do it in two stages to be sure it is airtight. With paint scraper I prepare the putty for a second layer putty.  We did cut the carbon pieces also. The forward bulkhead is made ready fore the stringer so it can be used to put the stringer in the right place.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Au bain marie for the foam

We did speed-up in the forming of the foam and finished the float half. We made some movies of the forming. At the end I made some groves for the putty fillets.

In this movie you can see how long it takes to put a panel in from start to finish. it are to movies put together.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

from slow speed to top speed in one day

Yesterday a started with planking of the floats in  the water reservoir it took two ours to get it hot. The foam was 60 cm wide. The result was not good after 15 minutes, the foam did bugle in all directions and was difficult to get in the frames nice. I was already thinking to do it the normal way with the paint stripper gun.
The next morning I altered the water basin to a small high one to give it a other try, this time I cut the 60 cm foam in pieces of 30 cm. This worked very good better than I aspected  in 1 minute and 30 seconds the foam was ready and we put it nicely in the frames. We push the foam with a thin layer wood in place.
Later I did this also with 40 cm pieces. I take 7,5 minutes from start to put the foam in the bag till finish (foam screwed to the frame). Tomorrow we finish the planking.

The result of 5 hours work

Sunday, February 3, 2013

form frame battens

The form frame battens did arrive Saturday so I started friday with making the mold for the daggerboard (no pictures) this will be the next project after the floats.
The time Saturday was limited to do some things because we had a dinner with our multihull club CTC.

Saturdays work
 Sundays work