Sunday, March 31, 2013

Space getting smaller but still useable

We pulled out the screws and then we had to pull out the float out of the frames what was not easy because it was a little stuck with some putty to some battens. Next time I use some more packing tape. After the lift out I made the stern to the proper length, after that it fits to shortest length of the garage (one side is shorter than the other). The space is very limited now to build the last float. I have to do some small work on the stern and bow because they where not good glued together, but I do that later when the frames are gone and hull two is done. The race season is also coming so I also have to prepare Thrill Seeker, I have some small jobs to do before it gets to the harbor. So the progress on Thriller will slowdown.
Last season we had a very good result with Thrill Seeker, we did win almost every race we entered.

underside of bow

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bond together

We did bond the hull together and partial taped were we could reach the seams and bulkheads.

used the hull fore laminating the tape

screwed the battens together on this side 

Friday, March 29, 2013

Ready for bonding together

This week I did some small jobs to prepare for bonding the hulls together. I glued the gusseds and the cross struts so it will be essayer later when the hulls are together. Tomorrow we bond the hulls together.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Almost togetter

Today I placed the vend hoses, did dig out some foam around the foil case and prepared the hull for the join.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

chain plate fitted

To night I did fit a chain plate in the bulkhead, it was a little bit a trapeze act because the hull is hanging on the sealing but it wend well and much quicker then with my F31 because you can reach it much easier now the hulls are not glued together. I also fitted some vent joins like Nico did see joiner and vents. Still have no camera and make the pictures with the Ipad and this is not optimal.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

An other day at the office

Today we did laminate hull three, it is almost production ;-) The vacuum was perfect ones again. The trick I use to get a good vacuum is to heat the tacky tape with a heat gun after I put it on the foam, see first picture. It sticks then very good. The two week schedule is not going to continue because I have to work next Saturday and we have a meeting of our multihull club CTC

Saturday, March 16, 2013

not so much to see

Yesterday we made half three with foam and today I filled the seams with putty. Tomorrow we laminate the inside.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

turning the frames

We did pull out the float half but before we put it up I made some room on the sealing. The turning off the frames is next and putting back all the battens.

not so mudge light any more
Turning the frame is easy because they fit exactly in the holes 

Friday, March 8, 2013

Number two finished, two to go

Last Sunday we laminated the inside and today I did the bulkheads and tomorrow we pull it out off the frame. I then have to turn the form frames to make the two other halves, I hope I can keep this pace, every two weeks a inside float half.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Result of one day hard work

Yesterday I started at 11:00 and did finish at 23:00 with some breaks for lunch and dinner. On the end off the day I had the frame filled with foam and the seams filled with putty.
Today we did cut some carbon and other stuff for tomorrow. Afterwards I scraped the seams and filled them for the second time to get a good air tided seam.