Sunday, August 13, 2017

Mounting the beams

Today Rob did come to help us with mounting the beams to the main hull. This was a long day and we only drill a pair of holes so that the beams could be folded, still a lot of drilling to do but the measurement is done.













Saturday, August 12, 2017

Glued the compression pads inplace

This morning I started with gluing the compression pads with special glue for metal and composites. When that was finished I did cut a glass tube in pieces of 15 mm to put in the deck to seal off the foam and give some compression strength were the hardware is placed. I drilled all the holes so that they fit in. In the afternoon we went to the other shed to ship some hardware to over there and to look it I have enough room to trial fit the beams. When we did get back we glued the little tubes in place with some thickened epoxy. As last job I place the glide pads in place with some little screws.

Friday, August 11, 2017

Put the trampolines on Thrill Seeker again

The trampolines of Thrill Seeker did have some maintenance, some seems did let go. The seams are now all done over and it is in tip top shape again. We put them on this afternoon but we first did picked up some bolts and nuts we need for the beams this weekend. In the morning I did a little bit on the rudder bracket, I had to drill some holes on the end.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

finishing the chainplates

Yesterday evening I glued some fiberglass to the sides of the chain plate slots. Tonight I cleaned the edges end filled the bottom with some putty.

Monday, August 7, 2017

filling the beam hole edges with putty

Tonight we grinned the foam away on the edges of the four beam holes. This had to be 25 mm deep. We filled them with putty to finish the job.

Sunday, August 6, 2017

beam trampoline tubes

I almost spend the hole day to grind the holes in the beam trampoline tubes. I started in the morning with sanding the holes in the float tubes so that there are no sharp edges anymore and then moved to the tubes of the beams. When I had done one tube most with drilling holes on the spots and grind the rest away with the Dremmel and power-file. The Fetske did arrive and we did use are mold from yesterday to route the holes. This was much quicker but not all holes could be done this way because of the rim on the frond side. If we had done a beam we trial fitted in the floats and trim the from rim were needed. This was a little workout to put the beam in the float and out again several times and put them upstairs again. Fetske had still one float to sand so I started with grinding the hole in the chain plates, not finished yet because I have to order some hardware to put in the chain plates. On the end we put some paint on the underside of the beams so that they are in a state to be mounted to the main hull when I have the bolts for the compression pads.

 

Saturday, August 5, 2017

float trampoline tubes and deck hardware

We started with turning the floats upright. I then put the spacing for the trampoline holes on a tape what I put on the tubes. I had still a piece of paper with the measurements were the HD foam was located. I put some paper tape on the spots so I could draw were the hardware had to come. I then started with drilling some holes for the U bolts. After lunch Fetske did help me, she started with sanding the beams while I was still drilling some holes for some pad-eyes and make a tool for the router to make some holes in the tubes. Fetske did help assist me to hold the tool in place while I routed the holes. We also did a trial fit of the aft beam.

Friday, August 4, 2017

put some ant-fouling on

Yesterday I took a day free so we could do the anti-fouling. The night before we cleaned the surface and put a skirt on the tape against drops of ant-fouling. In the late afternoon we bought two Airmare DST800 smart transdusers for in the floats and we visit Fetske there father so were late at home and I could not post this.
Today I spend the hole day with drilling holes in the beams. This is a precise work and you don't want to make a error. Fetske did removed all the tape from the folding strut mounts. There are some pieces off hardware in backlog so the beams have to wait before I can clue and screw things together.


Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Preparing for anti-fouling

Yesterday evening we put the waterline on the floats and tonight I sanded the surface where the anti-fouling will come. This weekend we do the anti-fouling.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Painted the bottom for the second time

This time we sanded the complete bottoms with grid 320. I did the sanding in between the mixing of the paint and the real painting. It was hard working to get in time done. This time we did the painting differently, I did set up the paint layer and Fetske walked behind me to role the paint out smooth. This gives a nicer surface but take some longer.