Thursday, August 31, 2017

They meet again

Today Reijer, Fetske  and I transported the floats to the big shed so they can use to the feeling that they will be bond together with the main hull ๐Ÿ˜‰.
In two hours we had transported the floats and I was re leaved ๐Ÿ˜Œthat it was done, the street at the small shed is always busy and relative small.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

some times things take longer than you expect

Saturday I did cut many bold's a little shorter but that takes some hours. After they were made shorter they were place back for the beam struts. Today I had the idea to use a piece of the strong back to clamp it to the end of the beams to check if the folding was ok and the beams are aligned correct.
One side was correct and the other side was still not good. We detached the beam strut and did come to the conclusion that we had to fill the hole and re drill them. We filled them with glass fiber snipers and some UD carbon. On the end of the day we made the flag pole, we glued a short glass fiber tube in the carbon tube. This is necessary because the carbon tube is 1 mm to thick and have to be sanded to fit in the post and with the other tube inside there is enough wall thickness.
For the remote tiller we are making a fork on the tube what fits around the plate of the helm post.

Friday, August 25, 2017

finished the deck plate rims

I started in the morning with sanding the the rims and I then put a filler around the edges to smooth the edges more. In the afternoon I made another set of cradles for the floats so that I have two of them to put in the other shed. I put the helm in place again and made the bold the right length. I also started with the bolts for the compression pads. The need to be a little shorter so that takes a lot of time to do.
On the end of the day I sanded the filler around the deck plate rings and we cleaned the top to put some DD paint on some spots and the rings.

Thursday, August 24, 2017

glued the deck plate rims in place

Yesterday in the afternoon we made the last set of rims and glued three sets in place and tonight we glued the last set in place. We used some stones and a piece of wood to press the rims down. The deck plates now fit nice flat on the rims.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Mounted the mooring cleats on the floats

Tonight I glued and screwed the mooring cleats on the floats and started with making the deck plates rings fit in the holes, no pictures taken of it.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Installed the escape hatch

In the morning we installed the escape hatch and it always takes longer than you aspect, some bolt did no fit well and we had to re drill the holes a bit but there was already some sikaflex in it, was a bit messy. In the afternoon we made another set of rims for the float hatches and laid a tape on the inside of the floats to laminate the temporary holes on the inside to. I don't need them because we place there also deck hatches. We can do that because the back and the front are from the F32SR floats and they are a bit wider there.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Drilled the rest of the holes for the beam mounts

Rob and I almost spend the hole day with drilling the rest of the holes for the beam mounts what still had to be done and bolting it together. We also corrected one beam mount what was not good and it fits now also ok. On the end of the day we mounted the pull pit and the gennaker pole fitting.

Friday, August 18, 2017

Some new hardware

This morning we went sailing with Thrill Seeker with some one who was interested and afterwards we went to Tuned so see our new Axxon mast and boom.
When we arrived at home we made an other set of rims for the float deck plates. Wednesday we also made a set and turned the boat so that it can stand in a wide position. We also checked the aliment of the beams and we did find one beam was not correct. We had to re drill one hole what we did fill today. Rob is coming tomorrow again to assist with drilling the rest of the holes.