Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Taped the stern and glued the bunk bulkheads togetter

Yesterday I took some hours free from work to tape the stern bulkheads together and tonight I glued the bunk bulkheads together.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Stern bulkheads glued togetter

Yesterday I had to work in the morning so the day was short, I did some prep work in the afternoon for today. Before we glued the half together I had see that I had forgotten the UD along the keel in the bottom half and I first thought that I did the same with the upper half  but after some inspection it was gladly there. So today I laminated the missing UD on the bottom half and the extra around the daggerboard case. I feared the frontside but it was easier than thought. We also glued the stern bulkheads in place with only some putty. I think I tape them this week and I can then also glue the other panels because the UD is now done there.

Friday, September 26, 2014

Lets stick together

During this week I did some small jobs so I could glue the two halves together today. The seams are glued together and taped, the daggerboard case is only glued to the upper half and will be taped in a later stadium. It took us longer than we did expected and it was hard work and swett especially in the front.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

fixed the daggerboard case in place

Today I fixed the daggerboard case in place on the lower half. Last weekend I did cut the hole for the daggerboard case and today I made some small adjustments and cut the hole in the front beam bulkhead so it could fit under the daggerboard case. I placed it in place for the picture so I could see if the entrance is big enough. It looks good and it exact what I envisioned had in my mind.
Next thing to do is to glue the two halfs together.


Sunday, September 7, 2014

lining up

Today I have been busy with lining up of the two halfs. In put some blocks on the outside to push the halves together. I striped the peel ply out on the places where bulkhead and the tape have to come.
It starts to look like a boat now.

Saturday, September 6, 2014


I had to work this morning and thought that I could not do much but everything with the work went as planned and we were quicker outside than expected, in IT this happens not so much;-)
I unpacked the work of yesterday and cleaned the edges. I measured the entrance because the door is not going to the bottom  but stops 5 cm above the forward bunk. After that I decided to lower the other half and is resting on two planks now. Tomorrow I remove them so I can exactly alline the bulkheads and laminate them to the lower half.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Extra layer 400gr centred around frame 6

I place a extra layer 400 gr/m2 around frame 6, this is the place where the front beam bulkhead will come.
This was a small job so after that I did cut the foam what was sticking above the frame. The rest of the top floor what I had to do is gone now to. The other half has now room to be placed on the other. As a last job I did place some extra carbon on the after edge and the front.