Sunday, October 27, 2013

almost ready for the outside laminate

This weekend I did some various small jobs, put some carbon on the nose and stern with vacuum. Laminate the hatch rim inside and outside, sealed the foil case with some carbon. Put some extra carbon on the place where the beams are mounted because I used the wrong carbon 300gr, this carbon had too many pinholes to seal the holes, so I use the 240gr carbon to seal the holes. On the other float I used two layers 240gr (I forgot), so this one is slightly heavier. The bottom is now nicely rounded and the rest of the hull is now smooth after some serious longboarding. The chainplate did get some putty and carbon to round the corners.
In the meantime I did get Thrill Seeker out off the water to bring it to the winter storage.
Next weekend I hope to do one side outside.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

busy weekend but not with building

This weekend was the last sailing weekend I think, the weather was warm for the time of the year. I went saturday for a sail with a friends and his new Elan 400. Friday we took the cushions and other stuff from Thrill Seeker and wend for a look for another car. So I only did some building today. I did a rebate of the nose to put the nose later on. The holes are now sealed off with one layer carbon so it is easier when laminating the hull to put a vacuum back on it.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hard work and not so much to see

This weekend I plastered the lows and did some serious longboarding till my arms good not press the longboard anymore. I still have to fill some low spots, this hull has more low spots so I have to work harder to get them even. I also put some HD putty on the back against the rudder bracket, this can be seen in the photos. I think I can put some carbon next week over the holes, front and the back.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

sealed the stern

Today I sealed the stern and glued some pieces to the hatch entrance. At last I put some fairing putty on the topside.

Friday, October 4, 2013

sealed the front

Today I glued the front end panel in place, glued the the flat surface for the hatch in place and on the end I tape the upper side of the rudder guessed and a flens to glue the end panels. Tomorrow I have to work so no progress.