Sunday, August 25, 2013


Today I cut a hole in the shed to get the float out and turn it. It now fits better to the ceiling.
But before it was hanging on the ceiling I had to switch the floats what was not so easy.
Afterwards I painted my rudder for Thrill Seeker, last time it was not so smooth.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

laminated the hatch entrance

I did laminate the hatch entrance and scrape the edge of the laminate so that the edges are not that sharp and need less filler. The inside edge has to be trimmed when the laminate is hardened.

Saturday, August 17, 2013


The result was very nice, leave it for the moment to harden some more before I do the hatch area. (maybe do that tomorrow) The weight so far 78 kg.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Laminating the other side

We did the other side today, building is a little bit addictive, normally we go sailing but we want to make some progress. Tomorrow we going to unpack again, what is alway exciting.

Monday, August 12, 2013

unpacking like little kids

We did unpack just when we arrived from work if we were little kids who get birthday presents ;-)
The result was very nice, we had some some little pinholes but it was better than I expected. I did weight the float and it was now 65 kg with one side and a nose cone to go.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

first outside laminate

Today we did do the first outside, it took us some four hours to do the job. I first glued the vacuum back to the underside before we started to laminate. This made it easier and faster to seal the back. vacuum was
-0,8 bar and I adjusted it back to -0,65 bar to make the laminate not to dry.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

last preparation for outside laminate

Yesterday and today I did the last preparation for the outside laminate. I put some putty on the foam where the tacky tape for the vacuum is put on. Tomorrow I faire it a bit and then I put the tape on and then we can laminate the outside. Yesterday I laminated the second phase of the collar slide, first I thought doing it with vacuum but after seen the result of Nico's I decided to do it without it. The result was nice, with a block of wood I could easily get it loss of the mold. I also laminate the foil case after a rebate of some HD putty, this is necessary because the case get some more layers of  fabric in and around the case.