Sunday, July 30, 2017

Painted the bottom for the second time

This time we sanded the complete bottoms with grid 320. I did the sanding in between the mixing of the paint and the real painting. It was hard working to get in time done. This time we did the painting differently, I did set up the paint layer and Fetske walked behind me to role the paint out smooth. This gives a nicer surface but take some longer.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Painted the under sides

We started with some sanding of some paint that did drip on some spots and when that was done we turned the floats upside down. We than painted each a float and went home for lunch and to see the qualifying of F1 grand prix. After the qualification and some after discussion we went to the shed again to see if we could do the topside. The paint was dry so we turned the floats again and painted the top for the second time and went home to give are backs some rest.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Painted the upper part

In the morning I sanded and cleaned the floats and in the afternoon we painted the upper part with the first layer of paint and it looked not bad. When you sand you still see every time some spots but there comes a point that you feel it is ok now.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

some more primer on the deck

Last days after work I did some filler on some low spots and sanding. I hope that I did the last primer today on the deck. I only have to sand the last primer a bit so that we can paint the floats. I also sanded the sharp edges on the outside a bit round so that they are not so venerable.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

grey primer on the deck

The foil slider looked very good after I sanded the edge clean. After some sanding of the deck I put a filler on it so I could be drying during the lunch. In the afternoon we sanded the filler and we put a grey primer on the deck. Just  before I did leave I put a filler on the spot where the sliders were put on the deck because there were still some low spots.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

laminated the foil sliders

In the morning I sanded the deck edge and the foam what I put against the sliders. I then turned the boat on it side and sanded the outside inner part of the floats, yesterday I did the outside of the floats. In the afternoon We put some layers carbon on the foil sliders and some filler on the rest off the deck.

Friday, July 21, 2017

work on the foil sliders

In the morning I sanded one half of the floats an put some filler on some spots. In the afternoon we drilled some holes for the logs (I forgot to take some pictures). Fetske did cut some carbon pieces for tomorrow on the sliders and I put some putty and HD foam to the sides of the sliders. On the end I put some filler on the deck.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

primed the floats white

Yesterday we put some filler on the sides to fill the scratches, low spots and pinholes. We did this in two stages, in the morning one side off both floats and in the afternoon the other sides. Today I started with sanding the sides smooth, this took me the hole morning. After watching the F1 grand prix we primed the floats white. The deck is the only part what have to be done but the foil case does need some extra layers carbon and when that is done we can finish the deck. The vacation is over so the progress slows down.

Friday, July 14, 2017

glued the foil sliders in place

I started with sanding the primer to see the low spots even better. In the afternoon I measured the foil sliders how they did fit and they were perfectly made by Nico. I then drilled some holes to hold the sliders temporary with screw in place. I now put some putty under the slides and screwed them to the deck. While I was doing that Fetske did get some filler because our blue filler was almost gone. This time we have a pink filler what is more for small spots and dries faster and can be sanded after three hours. When Fetske arrived we first had a tea break, As lat job we now could try the pink filler on the low spots.