Monday, January 29, 2018

Change the colour scheme

Today I change the colour scheme to the colours of Thriller, the old one was based on Thrill Seeker.

Sunday, January 28, 2018

pulling wires for the solar panels

I spent the most of the time with pulling wires for the solar panels and making some holes for the wires. In the morning I was on my own and than things take some more time with pulling wires if they get stuck some times. In the afternoon Fetske assist me with one site what was a bit troublesome. On the end of the day all the wires ended up near the battery. In between I drilled the holes for a stopper on the deck and on the sides for the furling lines.

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Installed the tack COS sensor

This week my tack COS (cross over switch) arrived, this one is needed to switch between the two logs in the floats. Yesterday we picked up some other stuff at Kniest and More marine so I had enough equipment to install. Fortunate Rob did come to help me with putting things together. We first started with the solar panels on the noses of the floats. The connectors are on the back so we had to drill some holes and put some tubes in them to seal the foam. We then had to sand the anti-slip away on the places were the panels will be clued. When that was done we drilled some holes in the foil slider adjusters. I made them ready last week. While Rob was sanding I installed the COS. This was not so big deal I only screw it vertical on a forward facing bulkhead. We installed some cotter pins on the beam. We also installed a T-piece to connect one of the logs on the NMEA2000 bus. On the end of the day I painted the places were we did sand to make the surface better to clue the solar panels on.

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Making adjuster for the foils

Yesterday I fitted the hoses for the transducer and solar panel cables from the floats to the center hull and I extended the NMEA2000 bus cable because one transducer cable was to short. In the afternoon I made a mold for the adjusters for the foil slides. Today I started with the adjuster for the foil slides Yesterday I cut some groves in the nuts to get better grip in the glass epoxy putty. I put a glass strip on the bottom and on the top and pressed it with some clamps to squeezed out the extra glass putty. I the went to the shed to connect one transducer with an extension cable and put it threw the hose and connected it to the NMEA2000 bus. I then looked at the anchor locker were I had to fit a point for the anchor line, I was lucky that I did see a bolt what was longer than necessary for mooring cleat. I did knew that I had a eye nut left and it was the right size to fit on the bolt so that was a fast fix.

Friday, January 19, 2018

mounting the constrictors on the genaker boom

I started with mounting the retaining brackets, this did take some time because I was on my own and hard to reach on both sides but with some tricks I finished it. I the mounted the constrictors on the genaker boom and put some screws in the front and end cab. In the afternoon I did not had that much time but so I only finished the soft entrance door.

Monday, January 15, 2018

trial fitting the doors

Sunday I went to the shed to trial fit the soft doors and took some other stuff with me what I had finished. The entrance door looks OK, I only want to check if I can get other runners for the zippers with a grip on both sides. The corners of the toilet door where to tight for the zipper so I have to find a different solution for that. On the end of the day we installed the motor. Today I did get some steal work so I fitted some tonight.

Saturday, January 13, 2018

making some softdoors

I started with sanding the sliding hatch and give it some paint, this was necessary because I glue some small piece to the front to close it better. I then started with the construction of the soft entrance door after some stitching and measurement in the shed the door is almost finished. I have to look if all is OK as I wanted to finish it. The last time we where in the shed we made also a mold for the toilet door and at home I cut it out of the fabric and put on one side bolt rope tape to fit it in the tubes of the entrance.

Friday, January 12, 2018

Making the NMEA 2000 bus ready

I started with painting the genaker pole and the mast transport block orange in our garage. I then went over to the shed to make the NMEA 2000 bus ready. The backbone is now ready and functioning and equipment can be connected. I already tested the VHF and the AIS if the GPS information was coming through at the VHF. I then update the firmware of the AIS with the app on my phone. I made a light in one of the lockers were the battery charger is located so I could better see what is happening and installed the end plates for the sliding hatch what I also altered a bit and need a bit of filler and paint. In the afternoon we both some bisonyl to make some door panels. As last thing I gave the boom a second layer of paint.

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Painting and coating parts

The waiting is on some big parts what are on order or on fabrication before we can finish, for now I do the small jobs as cleaning out the boat of most of the stuff and paint and clear coated some parts.