Monday, May 29, 2017

Painted the underside of the cradle

I had to work yesterday evening so I compensated a bit in the afternoon so I could paint the underside of the cradle. We can then turn it tomorrow and bold it to the frame so that Fetske can paint the topside Wednesday. We can put up the pace and compensate of our lost time in the weekends we did sail. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Working on the trailer again

We did some sailing this weekend with Thrill Seeker and before and after I did some work on the trailer. I had to drill all the holes in the cradle to bold it to the frame, the holes were filled with epoxy to seal the wood from becoming wet. I also made some extra points were the cradle rest on the frame.  This week Fetske is going to do some painting of the cradle and it than can be bolted to the frame.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

assembled the rudder parts

I took a hour off to assemble the rudder parts and buy some cable ducts. I had to buy some new ducts because I mounted them upside down ๐Ÿ˜ข and had to rip them out.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Just some friendly races and BBQ

This weekend we had some friendly races were the main activity is BBQ and campfire and we do some racing. We have no start boat but only the permanent marks of the IJsselmeer. We do not protest and the first boat who finish counts the time for the others I had the bad luck that I had to write twice๐Ÿ˜‰

Friday, May 19, 2017

Painting various parts

Fetske did some painting of the beams so they are for now OK til they are assembled with the floats. Fetske did also some paint work on the rudder, she managed to clean of the wax with olive oil and the oil with soap. I sanded it yesterday and she painted it. Today I painted the rudder assembly again after installing it on its place. The bases of the navigation light did also get a first layer of paint. I also installed a U-bold for raising the mast.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

various small jobs

I started with putting a filler on the navigation light bases and on some spots of the rudder assembly.
Then the cleats for the bailers and the winches got some attention. The rods in the trampoline tubes were made on the correct length and placed in the tubes true the small holes. The gas lever had to be altered from pull to push, this was little work. The tubes for the fridges were connected in the right order but not vast-end because of lack of time. The water hose in the toilet were also clamped and I put some bases for tire-raps under the hoses. In the afternoon we went to Thrill Seeker to bring the last stuff so that we can sail next weekend and have some races.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

placed some cable ducts

I started the morning with sanding the rudder bracket and directly after wards I put some primer on it. The navigation lights bases were sanded and glued in place with some putty but I forgot to take pictures from it. I clued in some tubes in the back were the the mast support fits in so the water can come out
I then did give some attentions to some kickers for the bailers and the spinnaker winches. I drilled some holes for them and filled them with some bond what get very hard. This bond can be drilled later for putting some screws in, with the same bond I glued tread in place on the end of the traveler so I could finish the ends. On the end of the day Fetske did came to paint the rudder parts and I placed some cable ducts with 3M VDH tape and did works very well, I think I only place some screws on the end to be sure in hotter climates that it stays in place. I have to order some new tape because I had not enough for the rest of the cable ducts.