Saturday, November 30, 2013

glued the nose cone on

Today I glue the nose cone on, I also placed some UD carbon across the tubes before I placed the cone. The cone is made of many foam off cuts, it cleans the shed, I had two garbage bags full of them.
To place the cone I had to place the float across the shed to get some space in front. Tomorrow I am going to shape the cone in the right shape.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Started with the nose

From the offcuts I made some foam blocks what I glued to a centre web made of two foam plates. There is not much room as you can see, the stern is against the other wall. The foam is not yet glued to the floats so I can easily shape it in form. I still have to glue some more blocks to it.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Last week we unpacked the float out of the follies and the result looked very good. Yesterday I scraped and plastered the seams with some putty. The hatch entrance got some extra 250gr carbon because there was only 250gr. This made it easier to put the vacuum back on for the outside laminate.
Today I started with the nose cones to clue some foam together.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

the last outside laminate off the floats

Yesterday I did some preparation for today and made the tubes to the bow and drilled some oversized holes for the screws for the hatch and filled them with putty. Today we laminated the outside and this time we mixed the epoxy very good ;-)

Friday, November 15, 2013

Back to where we left off

Today we did the front piece again what I scraped of last week. Tomorrow I do some preparation for sunday, so we can do then the other side.

Monday, November 11, 2013


The Laminating of the outside was not so ok as it seemed in the beginning. When we did remove the peel ply there were still some sticky spots, I did try to correct the spots but the problem was bigger than it first looked. Fryday I started to remove some carbon and I came quick to the conclusion that the rest had to removed to. After analysing we came to the conclusion that the second batch of epoxy was not properly mixed. This was used on the under front and back side. I peeled the carbon off till it was not sticky anymore. After that I scraped the foam clean and put some putty on it to smoothed the foam and bond the rest of the sticky stuff. Saturday I scraped the putty and sanded the rest. I then put some carbon on the back on both sides. Sunday we put some carbon on the bottom side. We have still to do the front side to reach the point of last week.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Laminating inner outside

Friday I did put a putty edge on the underside to glue the tacky tape later on for the vacuum back. Saturday we did some preparation as cutting the necessary sheats and putting the tacky tape with the vacuum back on the underside. Today we laminated inner outside half.