Sunday, July 31, 2016
I started the morning with a bit sanding and I than decided to put a grey primer on it so that I better could see the scratches and low spots. In the afternoon the primer was dry so I could fill the spots with some blue filler. Till now it all went quicker than expected.
Saturday, July 30, 2016
I started the morning with some long boarding of the bottom where I put some filler yesterday. I then did some on the sides this was for the complete morning. On the end my neighbour from the shed came along, he has a painting company and he had a compressor for me in the afternoon. In the afternoon I first started with painting the nose with some primer, After that it was tea time and my neighbour brought his compressor. This compressor is for is for a very air hungry sander that is 40 cm long. We looked if it get air enough to do the job. It when very well with some short stops in between the sanding. I did lent this sander from Gary and it sand very easy and vast. In no time I did all the problem pieces. Tomorrow I will do also some and fill some low spots again.
Friday, July 29, 2016
Sunday, July 24, 2016
Yesterday morning I started with the blue filler on the back sides and the bottom till the bailers. In the afternoon we went for a visit to Fetske her father and also we went to a trailer builder for a second hand aluminium trailer to take some final measurements. The trailer gets some new axles because it is an US trailer and they are not road legal in EU. Today I started with putting filler on the bottom and one side. In the afternoon after watching F1 grand prix I put a filler on the front. The back was already dry because it 25 degree Celsius or maybe more on some parts. Filling is a workout in suds a warm environment. I think I do the rest in two evenings and hope it is than less warm.
Friday, July 22, 2016
I sanded the whole day the bottom and the sides. It is now ready to put the blue filler on top of it. This last filler is to fill the smaller dents and to protect the micro light filler. The blue filler is water resistant and the micro light not, it makes also a smoother surfaces.
Friday, July 15, 2016
Today I put the first filler on the bottom, I think some many others will come later to make it smooth. In the afternoon I put some filler on the bottom of the nose because I didn't have just enough in the morning but first I put some carbon on the end pieces of the hammerhead. This was still some foam and putty. The top of the end pieces have to be done later when the boat is turned over again. On the end I put some blue filler on the underside of the tramp lassing tubes, have not taken pictures of it.
Sunday, July 10, 2016
In the morning I sanded light the paint I put yesterday on and than I put some grey primer in the cockpit lockers. In the afternoon after watching the F1 grand prix I put a second layer of DD paint on the ceiling and rolled it over with a structure roller. I put some carboxyl in the paint to make it a bit thicker and give structuur.
Saturday, July 9, 2016
Last week we had a short holiday so we did nothing on Thriller. Today I started with sanding in the morning and in the afternoon I painted the hole sealing inside and some panels. The inside have to be done again because the grey is still a little shining throug.