Friday, May 23, 2014

More HD pieces

I placed some more HD pieces after some thinking for a week were to put them, some are bigger because I don't know the exact location of some equipment yet.
clutch position HD

mast raising position HD

Saturday, May 17, 2014

HD pieces and long boarding

Today and yesterday I glued some HD pieces and did some long boarding. The HD pieces on the bottom are now in place and I only have to sand it. Tomorrow some more HD pieces and sanding. Under the winch HD I put some extra carbon layers to fill the space because this piece is 15 mm and the rest is 20mm, I want a strong bottom under the winch so I don't need a extra plate. The outer piece is for a turning block like on Thrill Seeker. The HD piece on the bottom is for the mast step area.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Turn over

We turned the boat over whit my friends Rob and Reijer after we did try it last week with the two of us with no success.
This time with four people it was a piece of cake, in fifteen minutes after some discussion how to do it, it was turned over. Rob did stay and helped me to cut the edges and some sanding off the foam. As last thing I put some HD foam on the bottom edge, I had forget it, I did see this same thing on Rod his site and I asked him how he did do this. He did it from the outside like I do now. I do it in a couple of stages.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Hanging free

Today it is freedoms day and I was free but Fetske
had to work, so I disabled the frames on my one. Halfway the afternoon he was hanging free. I tried to turn it but that was too much to do alone. He has to go a little to the outside because the attic is to lo to turn it around but that have to wait till we are with the two of us. I repaired some carbon in the nose bottom what broke during the lift of and put some putty in some screw holes and seams.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

We have a lift off

Yesterday we went sailing and to weight Thrill Seeker. Today on the end of the day we lifted the hull half. It was very sticky to the battens and we had to use some force to get it loose.

Friday, May 2, 2014

Almost a lift off

Last week I did some small things as filling the edges with some putty and we sailed a race with Thrill Seeker but not with great success, we ended last. We were in front and sailed in a windless spot and the rest sailed around us along the shore.
Today I glued the RVS bolds for the cheek block in the daggerboard case with special glue.
The spaces in the bulkheads for the daggerboard case are now cut. Fetske did unscrew a lot of the screws last week and I did the last today, so we can lift it out of the frames. The front and the back are already a bit loose but I have to make some lifting eyes on the sealing to get it loose. I also made the second foil slider case for Nico.