Saturday, January 31, 2015

extra layers carbon on the front beam bulkhead

Yesterday I had to work so I could not do much so I only did do some putty in the corners and some small tapes so I could do the extra layers carbon what are decrypted for this bulkhead. I only did the front side because I was on my own and it take some time to prepare both sides. I will do the other side tomorrow, the UD what I did on the front I did already on the back.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

a long productive day

I started in the morning to do the other side of the bracket mold and I corrected the other side were I forgot do the upper part with carbon only three layers and it gives some extra strength. In the afternoon I spend the most of the time under the cockpit floor to tape the cockpit deck on the underside. Fetske laminated the carbon and did the mixing and gave it to me so I could stay below. It was 19.30 when we did go home.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

fit the lower folding strut bracket mold in place

I first started to demount the spacer between the beam mounts and to grind so putty away to get some clean edges. Next thing was to make lower folding strut bracket mold fit, this did take some time. The molds are screwed to the brackets after they were waxed. As last I laminated only one side because it was then already 17.30. I was finished at 18.45

Friday, January 23, 2015

glued the front beam mounts in place

Rob did came today to help to put the boat exact level and to put the beam mounts in place. It was very handy to have some extra hands and technical skills. I glued them in place on my own because Rob is allergic to epoxy he did get this wen he build his own boat.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

tapped the cockpit floor

We tapped the topside of the cockpit floor, the underside still have to be done, maybe next week.
The barn was kind of a mess so we cleaned the floor and stocked the battens on the top shelf so we have some more walking space around the boat.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Glued the cockpit floor in

I started to glue the floor in place and had the idea to tape it short after that but I came to a different idea when I was gluing, the floor did move to much when I was standing on it. So I tape it tomorrow.
I started to make the space holder for the beam mounts so I can do the beam mounts maybe next week. I also started with making carbon chain plates for mine friend Rob his boat Goudvis (goldfish in English) no pictures

Friday, January 16, 2015

painted the bottom under the cockpit floor

We went today for some shopping for carbon and glass tube by this firmthey are for the tramp lassing and the hammerhead, so there was not so much time left. I made some foam fill pieces for the edges of the cockpit floor so I can glue that in tomorrow. As last job I painted the bottom under the cockpit floor.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

painted the underside of the floor

Tonight I painted the floor for the second time because last time I had not enough. I also cleaned the floor under the cockpit floor so I can paint this also before I put the floor in place.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

JIg for Beam Mounts- foreward beams

I spend the whole day with the front beam mounts and building the jig for it, I made a same setup as Rod did for his F32. For our boat it is necessary because the SR daggerboard case is in the way, what is more angled forward. The tape around the bulkheads looks very nice. I also extended the sealing friday so I have more room to make parts.

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Putting the boat level

Yesterday I forgot my camera but I made the after support and leveled the boat. I started to make some holes where the beam mounts will come and put a batten through the holes. They are for reference. On the end of the day I painted a part of the underside of the cockpit floor, no pictures yet. Today I draw the holes for the front beam supports and cut them out. On the end of the day I taped the after bulkheads.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

take down of the strong back

I started today with cutting the excess carbon from the edges from the cockpit floor. I then fitted the floor, I had to do some minor cutting to get it exact on his place. On some places on the front side of the floor there is some more space what I have to fill when I do the taping. I did no taping of the bulkhead but I started to breakdown the strong back. The boot will be much lower to the ground and better accessible. Another advantage is that I can make the attic bigger again and get some more workspace to make some panels. I started to make the support frames, the front one is finished and started with the back but have to be finished later.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Productive day

Today I did the extra layer carbon for the beam bulkheads, in the morning the back and in the afternoon the front. I could this do because I used the fast harder and build a tent around it with the heater inside. When the front was ready to put the vacuum on the back could released from the vacuum. The floor looks also very well now and is hardened so I can fit it tomorrow. I rounded the end of the bulkhead under the floor so I can tape them tomorrow. Fetske is also very busy to paint the living room. Before she could paint she had to plaster some cracks in the sealing. I am a lucky guy she helps me so much