Sunday, July 26, 2015

laminated the bunk top panel on

I started with preparing the front so that I could laminated some flanges on the foam strips. I prepared some other foam strips for the last panels in the front. In the afternoon I started in the front with laminating working my way to the back with the bunk top panel as last yob. The foam step-up panel we made yesterdayis also in the picture.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

glued in some foam strips and made some panels

My friend Rob did come by to give my a hand, we started to make the boat level on the waterline, it was level on the beam line. This makes the boat lower on the back and easier to get in. We then started to make some panels for in the accu well to get it in two. The small one is for the fridge compressor. Rob made also a panel for a step up to the front, not yet on the pictures. We cut also the top panel of the bunk to fit. I did the front to prepare the foam strips and on the end I glued them in.

Friday, July 24, 2015

taped the underside of the front panel

Today I put some foam triangle strips under the front panel and taped over it. The strips are partly glued to the other side. Tomorrow I put some strips on the side so I can later glue the other panel on. I also glued a strip for a bunk in so that this panel can be glued in.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

put some panels in place

I started today with cutting the front halves to fit. In the afternoon I did cut the other panels for the bunks. At the end of the day I laminated one front panel in place, I laminated only the topside, the underside will be done later. I also glued a small bulkhead for the bunk in place.

Saturday, July 18, 2015

laminated some more panels

Today we laminated some more panels, we still could not do all of them but the last big panel for the kitchen can wait for some other panels what have to be cut later. Besides the bleeder cloth was all used up so we have to buy some new.

Friday, July 17, 2015

laminating some big panels

Today we laminated the front panels and a bunk panel, they just fit on the table.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

cutting foam panels

Yesterday it was a very nice day for sailing and it was too warm to work in the shed. Today I started in the morning with cutting the panels for the front. In the afternoon I made a sort of a mock up for the bunks so I could decide how wide I must cut them and I cut them too. There are now panels enough for a couple of days vacuum work.

Friday, July 10, 2015

tube preparation

Today I did a small job by only doing the lashing tube under the traveler with no vacuum. In this way it is easy done, the rest of the tube will be done in vacuum.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Float transport

Today we did get some new foam so we can make some more panels for the interior. My dad did also come by to help to transport the floats to the shed and to hang them on the sealing.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

laid the final layer carbon on the bunks and traveler

Today we started with preparing the bunks, Fetske did cut all the necessary carbon and peel ply and I sanded and scraped the bunks. In the afternoon we laminated both the bunks and the traveler with their final layer carbon.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

putting the UD pieces on the traveler

Today I put all the necessary pieces UD on the traveler and lapping them down to the hull. It is still warm in the shed but better than yesterday and I did all the laminated work with slow harder.

Monday, July 6, 2015

making the end pieces for the traveler

It is to warm to do big things so I started yesterday to fill the corners of the outer ends of the traveler with some HD putty and carbon fiber pieces.
Today I laminated UD carbon in the triangles. It is that warm that for this small job I had just enough time before the epoxy started to harden.
In the afternoon I started with the refurbishment of the hatch mold, I did use did mold for Thrill Seeker before and put it in the storage. I have to make some small pieces for it but the biggest thing is still ok.

Friday, July 3, 2015

baking the floats

The last week we had some sailing holidays  with Thrill Seeker so we did not do any thing on the building. The sun is shining very bright and hot in the Netherlands so we decided to let the floats out of the shed and let them baking in the sun for a couple off days. We put them under a layer black plastic.