Friday, March 31, 2017

made the mold for the rudder bracket

I started with taping the inside of the motor mount so I can trial fit it this weekend without breaking it. When that was done I focused on the mold for the rudder bracket. Nico did draw a nice pair of drawings for me how to cut the molds. I did glue them on the wood to cut the profile of the rudder out of it. After some sanding it fitted nicely with ample room to spare. I did put the wax plate over the rudder, I had to re cut some pieces because it was on the short side. I finally put a packing tape on it to get a smooth surface. The end plates were aligned with some old battens. The carbon for tomorrow is also cut so we can start with laminating. I finally mounted the last after clamp and then went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment