Friday, January 13, 2017

Drilling holes in the beam mounts

The paint from yesterday looked already good but not hard enough to sand so I started with making a mold for drilling the holes in the beam mount at the exact location. When I did get the mold I started to draw lines where the holes had to come. I first drilled with a small bit, because you can drill more exact on the spot. In the afternoon I started with a bigger drill bit. This is a slow process because of the thick carbon. After a tea break I grinned some carbon away so the compression piece did fit nice.
I also did look how the compressor did fit in the small space near the SP unit. This compartment can be completely sealed with the Anderson deck plates so if there is a leak there is no problem at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment