Monday, April 17, 2017

Filled the frond of the rudder bracket

We started with filling the front of the bracket with some foam and HD putty. We first put some layers carbon in the top section and we than glued in the middle section some foam. The top and bottom sections were filled with HD putty of aerosil and glass fiber snipers. Fetske did do the motor bracket with another layer of DD paint and I grained a piece of the porthole rime from the toilet away so it could fit. When I did take look at the rudder bracket I saw that the epoxy was getting to hot on the top part. After some cooling the rest was under control. I also cut the rudder post for under the traveler. After the lunch I drilled the holes for the motor start key and filled the edges with putty. I glued with the rest of the putty a glass fiber plate in place what will be used for mounting the water pump. We then went to Thrill Seeker to take a look what we had to do before we can get her to the water next week. The only thing we have to do is put some anti-fouling on her. We also measured how high it was on the trailer because I had the idea that our new trailer for Thriller was higher but in fact it is lower so I can fix the cradle to the trailer if the weather gets better. I forgot to take some picture so I went back to the shed to take some. and grinned some HD putty and foam away on the rudder bracket, the damages is not that big and I have to grind away some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment