Tuesday, March 1, 2016

laminated the carbon toilet bowl

I took the afternoon free to get some new carbon for some panels we are planning to do this weekend and some Nautix blue filler what we will use for the hulls. I started with sanding the mold for the bowl, when it was to my satisfaction I put some packing tape on it and gave it a wax. I first put some epoxy with graphite in it as a base layer on the mold and then put some carbon pieces over the mold. I put second layer on it from scrap pieces. I than started to make the raised floor panel of the toilet to fit.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing your comments about using nautix filler , I would advise a better
    Filler which will save hours over nautix.Having just spent months fairing and painting. I started with nautix and switched.. Contact me at nigelharley@hotmail.com .I am just
    finishing an F32 in Cowes.
    Nigel Harley Harley Raceboats


    ReplyDelete